From the cork forest to the bottle, Relvas Cortiças controls each factor in champagne cork manufacture. Relvas Cortiças purchases and stores its own raw material in the Alentejo region of Portugal. Raw cork processing is done at Relvas' state of the art facility in the region. Moistures are tightly controlled at this stage to minimize any potential for problems later on.
Discs are punched between 24 and 48 hours after boiling the raw materials. This dramatically reduces the potential for mold and consequential TCA. Using a battery of Relvas designed machines, over 150 million pieces are produced annually. Customers include the most prestigious houses on five continents.
Relvas Cortiças is a family company dedicated to quality.
Every care is taken from the forest to the winery:
- All raw material is stored in conditions implemented to protect it from humidity.
- Following initial sorting, all cork wood is boiled in specially designed temperature controlled vats in regularly changed, filtered water.
- Dehumidification of discs and granulate is done promptly. Maximum attention is given to avoiding TCA and its precursors.
- All cork bodies are individually molded in one of the two of Relvas' molding machines.
- Quality control occurs at each step of the process.
- Branding is done according to customer specifications.
- Banding with paraffin and treatment for dry insertion are standard.
- Champagne cork pricing is based on disc quality.
- 30 mm x 47 mm - 2S grade
- 30 mm x 47 mm - 2F grade
- Minimum stock order quantity - 1,000 pieces.
- Custom branding is done according to customer specifications.
- Additional custom sizes and qualities available upon request.
- Minimum custom order quantity - 10,000 pieces.